Yes, SEO is still important in 2023. It is one of the most effective ways to get your website seen by potential customers. SEO helps to improve your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs), which can lead to more traffic and more sales.
In fact, a study by SEMrush found that 90% of all online traffic comes from search engines, and 70% of all clicks go to the top five results on the first page of SERPs. This means that if you want your website to be seen by potential customers, you need to be ranking high in SERPs.
SEO is also important for long-term results. Once you have optimized your website for SEO, you will continue to see benefits over time. This is because search engines are constantly updating their algorithms, but the core principles of SEO remain the same.
If you are not investing in SEO, you are missing out on a valuable opportunity to grow your business. SEO is a long-term investment, but it is one that is well worth it.
Here are some of the benefits of SEO:
- Increased website traffic
- Increased leads and sales
- Improved brand awareness
- Higher conversion rates
- Better return on investment (ROI)
If you are looking to improve your website’s ranking in SERPs and increase your website traffic, you need to invest in SEO. It is one of the most effective ways to achieve your online marketing goals.
when and what seo last update ?
The last major Google algorithm update was the October 2023 Broad Core Update. This update was launched on October 5 and completed on October 19. It was a broad core update, which means that it affected websites of all sizes and in all industries.
The October 2023 Broad Core Update was designed to improve the quality of search results for users. It focused on rewarding websites that provide high-quality content and information. Google has not released any specific details about the changes that were made in this update, but SEO experts believe that it placed a greater emphasis on the following factors:
- Content quality: Google is now looking for websites that provide high-quality, informative, and relevant content to users.
- User experience: Google is also looking at websites that provide a good user experience. This means that websites should be easy to navigate and use.
- Expertise, authority, and trustworthiness (E-A-T): Google wants to ensure that users are seeing results from websites that are experts in their field and that are trustworthy.
If you want to make sure that your website is ranking well in SERPs, you should focus on creating high-quality content, providing a good user experience, and demonstrating your E-A-T.
In addition to the October 2023 Broad Core Update, Google has also made a number of smaller algorithm updates in recent months. These updates have been designed to improve the accuracy and relevance of search results.
Here are some of the other SEO updates that have happened in the past year:
- August 2023 Core Update: This update was designed to reward websites that provide high-quality content and information.
- May 2023 Core Update: This update was designed to improve the accuracy and relevance of search results.
- January 2023 Page Experience Update: This update was designed to improve the user experience of search results.
If you are interested in learning more about SEO updates, you can follow the Google Search Central blog.